Beech Communities Services acquired 2340 Cecil B.Moore Avenue(Dox Thrash House) in October 2020. Dox Thrash was a distinguished African American artist, and an important figure in the history of printmaking.
Beech Community Services development forecast includes a commercial space on the first floor; 2nd & 3rd floors will be residential lofts studios / living space. The goal is to redevelop the structure because of its historical value to the community: both residential and artist.
Key factors include:
- the building was the home of Dox Thrash, a black Philadelphia artist and businessman.
- the architecture represents a unique style.
- the role the building can have in the revitalization of the Cecil B Moore Avenue Commercial Corridor.
Pending funding, in the summer of 2021 Beech Community Services will release application details to lease both the retail space and lofts studios / living space.
Stay up to date by following the project status here. Please direct all questions to, Akeem Dixon, Project Consultant by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our partners:
- Consortium of Cecil B Moore Organizations
- Habitat for Humanity
- Dox Thrash Committee
- The Preservation Alliance
Keep up to date with the latest briefings, meetings and announcements relating to the Dox Thrash House.
There are currently no events. Check back later!